Destin Snorkel received SNUBA® International’s 2014 Operator of the Year Award!!
SNUBA® is an adventure of a lifetime.
You’ll be able to:
- Dive underwater up to 20 feet deep
- Breath underwater for 20 – 30 minutes
- See marine life not accessible via snorkeling (burrfish, flounder, sea anemone, toadfish, spadefish, etc)
- Experience an underwater dive with a certified instructor
Your SNUBA® adventure will begin on our Coast Guard approved Snuba Runner. We will depart at set times throughout the day on tours that will last 2-3 hours depending on the location. Your Destin SNUBA® adventure will start in shallow water and take whatever time necessary to get comfortable breathing underwater. Once comfortable, you are then taken on a guided underwater tour. During the dive you are never more than 20 feet from the security of the raft floating on the surface. SNUBA® is a unique, patented shallow water diving system, bridging the gap between snorkeling and scuba diving.
SNUBA® is safe and easy and does not require certification. Even if you have never snorkeled or have only basic swimming skills, SNUBA® diving is available for you. SNUBA® is easily accessible to couples, families, children eight years and older, and seniors. It is a great way for a certified diver to introduce non-certified partners to the underwater breathing experience.
SNUBA® divers breathe underwater by means of a 20 foot air line which is connected to a standard scuba tank. The tank is mounted on a raft on the surface that follows your every movement. The airline allows you to tour underwater near the bottom, at mid-water or on the surface depending on your level of comfort. Every SNUBA® tour is guided by a diving professional. Your guide will familiarize you with the SNUBA® equipment you will be using and briefly describe what you can expect in the water.
Professional videographer, Gregg Velez with Diving Deep LLC, may also accompany the dive for custom video and DVD’s. This is a memory you want to last for years to come!
Qualify for the Tour:
- At least 8 years of age or older
- In good health or cleared by a physician to dive (you are required to complete and sign a brief Participant Record & Liability Release Form) Download our SNUBA® waiver.
- Have basic swimming skills and be comfortable in the water
Safety Briefing & Skills Review:
- Participate in a 15-30 minute Safety Briefing about the SNUBA® system and what to expect during your tour
- Review and practice the skills discussed during the briefing, including: hand signals for underwater communication, mask clearing, proper breathing, skills for controlled ascents and descents, ear equalization techniques and more.
- A certified SNUBA® Guide will fit you with a SNUBA® harness, mask, fins and weight belt
- Your SNUBA® Guide will be with you for your entire tour.
- Underwater tour duration is approximately and varies per participant
SNUBA® Rates (tax included)
- Adults: $90
- Children (ages 8-12): $65