SNUBA is an adventure of a lifetime.
You’ll be able to:
dive underwater up to 20 feet deep
breath underwater for 20 – 30 minutes
see marine life not accessible via snorkeling (burrfish, flounder, sea anemone, toadfish, spadefish, etc)
experience an underwater dive with a certified instructor
enjoy free soda and bottled water
Your Snuba® adventure will begin on our Coast Guard approved Snuba Runner. We will depart at set times throughout the day on tours that will last 2-3 hours depending on the location. The actual dive will last anywhere from 45 minutes to an hour including instruction time and practice time in the water. Your Destin Snuba® adventure will start in shallow water and take whatever time necessary to get comfortable breathing underwater. Once comfortable, you are then taken on a guided underwater tour. During the dive you are never more than 20 feet from the security of the raft floating on the surface Snuba® was created for those who enjoy the simplicity of snorkeling and would like to experience the wonders of breathing underwater. Snuba is a unique, patented shallow water diving system, bridging the gap between snorkeling and scuba diving.
Snuba® is safe and easy and does not require certification. Even if you have never snorkeled or have only basic swimming skills, Snuba diving is available for you. Snuba is easily accessible to couples, families, children eight years and older, and seniors. It is a great way for a certified diver to introduce non-certified partners to the underwater breathing experience.
Snuba® divers breathe underwater by means of a 20 foot air line which is connected to a standard scuba tank. The tank is mounted on a raft on the surface that follows your every movement. The airline allows you to tour underwater near the bottom, at mid-water or on the surface depending on your level of comfort. There is no heavy diving gear. Every Snuba tour is guided by a diving professional. Your guide will familiarize you with the Snuba equipment you will be using and briefly describe what you can expect in the water.
Getting Started with Snuba
The SNUBA Adventure is a guided underwater tour offered by authorized SNUBA Recreational Centers worldwide. This unique, entertaining experience allows you to be in and out of the water in less than an hour; offering an extraordinary experience without time-consuming classes or training. Professional videographer, Gregg Velez with Diving Deep LLC, may also accompany the dive for custom video and DVD’s. This is a memory you want to last for years to come!
Qualify for the Tour:
- At least 8 years of age or older
- In good health or cleared by a physician to dive (you are required to complete and sign a brief Participant Record & Liability Release Form) Download our SNUBA waiver.
- Have basic swimming skills and be comfortable in the water
Safety Briefing & Skills Review:
- Participate in a 15-30 minute Safety Briefing about the SNUBA system and what to expect during your tour
- Review and practice the skills discussed during the briefing, including: hand signals for underwater communication, mask clearing, proper breathing, skills for controlled ascents and descents, ear equalization techniques and more
- A certified SNUBA Guide will fit you with a SNUBA harness, mask, fins and weight belt
- Your SNUBA Guide will be with you for your entire tour.
- Underwater tour duration is approximately and varies per participant
Tax included in prices shown below!
- Adults: $86
- Children (ages 8-12): $65