New to Destin Snorkel this year, we are thrilled to offer our guests a new “family friendly” – Crab Island Adventure, with captain and crew! You’ll go by boat to one of our area’s most popular destinations where you can kick back and enjoy our three hour adventure without the hassle of renting your own boat! While Crab Island’s name is slightly misleading, it’s nothing more than a raised sandbar where hundreds of boats gather during the warmer months to enjoy the shallow emerald green waters, obstacle courses, and mobile food boats and floating restaurants – providing everything from ice cream, BBQ, to coconuts!
We at Destin Snorkel pride ourselves on our family friendly culture and environment and expect the same from our guests but acknowledge that at times, other Crab Island visitors may not maintain the same behavior.
Activities you can enjoy while at Crab Island:
- Relaxing on our boat while soaking up some sun
- Paddling around the sandbar by kayak or paddleboard**
- Joining in a game of water volleyball**
- Sampling local fare from a floating restaurant or mobile food boat
- Snorkeling around the boat
- Watching for dolphins and other marine life
- Tossing a football or frisbee and diving into the water to catch it**
- Making new friends & people watching!
**Please note Destin Snorkel only provides the snorkel and mask mentioned above – the other items are available for purchase or rent from the floating General Store, which also has an air compressor available for use.
What to bring:
Water is provided for our guests and while we do not serve alcohol you are welcome to bring your own, as long as it isn’t in glass containers. Have on your bathing suit, bring sunscreen, beach towel, camera, and you’re more than welcome to bring food and snacks. Ice chests are allowed but please be mindful of space consumption, as it must fit under your seat.